Wednesday 24 March 2010

New 'Stranger' Song by James Morrison


The British singer - whose 2006 track came eighth in the UK singles chart - has revealed he wrote the song about a man who befriended him on a bus.

He explained: "I got on this bus and there was this p**shead on there. He was a bit of a drunk and he was trying to hug everyone. He was trying to get cuddles and he was deaf as well so he was shouting 'I love you' to everyone on the bus and freaking everyone out.

"But I wrote a song about it. 'Wonderful World' was written for him because I felt sorry for him man. He had a lot of love to give and nobody wanted it. It's a sad story man."

"He came up to me, and he said'I love you man!' And I was like, 'I love you too, dude!' and gave him a hug. I don't know, I just felt really sorry for him, he's so alienated from everyone anyway because he's deaf. He wasn't being aggressive either, he was being really loving but everyone was just being weird with him, which I can see why."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/james-morrisons-stranger-song_1115441

1 comment:

  1. nothing day's without james morrison's songs,. I really, really like him,. James morrison is a good singer, with gold voice,!!!!

    ReplyDelete